ENEL, Italy’s largest power company and Europe’s second listed utility by installed capacity, has adopted SpagoBI suite within the MUTI (Unified TIbco Middleware) project. This project focuses on the automated management of the processes run within TIBCO product, allowing the realization of a Business Activity Monitoring application that exploits the information generated by these processes and stored in a dedicated DBMS. This solution has been issued to the various ENEL’s departments in order to allow managers to keep running processes under direct control, so as to monitor and minimize the gaps (anomalous situations) in processes and consequently maximize the company’s profit.
The implemented features concern the following functional areas:
- Processes: to analyse the process status and view detailed data as well as the history of each single process
- Gaps: to analyse gaps, allowing users to modify data and submit gaps back to reprocessing
- Alarms: to monitor the alarms generated by processes, visualizing them on a cockpit
Services: to perform statistical analysis on the services that are the prime element of all processes.
- Configuration Management: to allow administrators to modify some tables thanks to the write-back functionality provided by SpagoBI MDM (Master Data Management) engine.
This project is also based on the following analytical and operational tools:
- KPI: Key Performance Indicators defined for each process in order to monitor the quality indicators in a systematic and proofed way.
- Console RT: to monitor processes and alarms in real-time on a cockpit and modify their status by means of write operations
- Graphs: to perform historical data analysis
- Reports: to perform well-structured real-time data analysis and historical data analysis
- Master Data Management: to modify the data in the DBMS.
This solution is accessible from ENEL’s integrated information system, according to a role-based access control, allowing end-users to perform secure data analysis and meet their specific needs.