The scope of the portal developed by Engineering and eBMS-ISUFI is the realization of an Integrated Touristic System to aggregate the different actors involved in the touristic use of the territory. The reference model is the Virtual Incoming Agency, where various actors facilitate the touristic and cultural valorisation, attracting new flows and supporting the tourism companies in promoting their own services. This project consolidates the results of research projects of Engineering and eBMS-ISUFI, such as Teschet, MAIS, PMTT, Extendo.
The complex of distinctive and specific attractive factors (natural, socio-cultural and artificial) is made available by a local offer system (a sum of resources, activities and actors), found in a homogeneous and integrated environment, even located in different regions. This environment is determined by the clients’ perceptions and oriented to create value for the different stakeholders (first of all the tourist, the local tourism industry, the hosting community as well as the international tourism industry and the local authorities).
The main categories of actors interfacing the Virtual Incoming Agency are:
- the tourists
- the agencies: suppliers of tourist services
- the enterprises: specially the regional and local touristic companies, which are the main target of the Virtual Incoming Agency, because of their role in the coordination and promotion of the local touristic offer.
Given the context, the scope of the project is also to facilitate the interaction between typical Business Management arguments and Information and Communication Technologies topics, in order to realize a system able not only to offer services but also to elaborate qualifying strategies to improve the services offered by a certain territory or productive system. Engineering and eBMS-ISUFI identified SpagoBI as the suited platform to realize the analytical component to support the strategic decisions.
The analysis are focused on:
- Tourism Dashboard: “Demand’s Dashboard” (to analyse the tourist type present in a certain touristic destination), “Supply’s Dashboard” (to analyse the touristic companies, both from an entrepreneur managerial ability point of view and from the quality of offered services point of view), “Customer’s Satisfaction Dashboard” (to measure the satisfaction/dissatisfaction level of the tourists that spent some days in a particular destination) and “What If Analysis” (to analyse tourists’ spending in order to study the spending behaviour)
- Territory Analysis: to analyse the territory in order to get all the useful information (as cultural, historical, social, infrastructural) to be used for the creation of homogeneous offer areas
- Master Plan: the planning process for the touristic development of the destination.