SpagoBI Labs participates in various Italian and European research projects and collaborates with many organizations, institutes and research laboratories.
A special collaboration between SpagoBI Labs and Research Labs of University of Milano, Italy, include: Information Technology Department – SESAR research group headed by prof. Ernesto Damiani
Department of Economics, Business and Statistics (DEAS) – Research group headed by prof. Luciano Pilotti.
European research projects
SpagoBI Labs participated in the past and still supports various European research initiatives and projects aiming at the development of open source solutions and at the analysis of the most important aspects of this phenomenon. The list includes the NESSI Big Data Value initiative, FIWARE and Prosperity4All.
SpagoBI is part of FIWARE, the core platform for Future Internet applications, powered by the Future Internet Private Public Partnership Programme within the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) of the European Commission. FIWARE aims at providing a truly open, public and royalty-free architecture and a set of open specifications that will allow developers, service providers, enterprises and other organizations to develop products that meet their business goals while keeping open and innovative.
In this context SpagoBI provides data analysis and visualization features, available within an open source, reusable component that is able to interact with other FIWARE components (generic enablers) via Open APIs. For more information visit www.fiware.org.
SpagoBI Labs are also involved in the FP7 funded project Prosperity4All. Prosperity4All focuses on the development of a new IT infrastructure to bring new players with both low and high technical skills into the development and delivery ecosystem, introduce accessibility as a ubiquitous service, and combine auto-configured access features built into mainstream products with assistive technologies and services. SpagoBI will contribute to this project by providing expertise and knowledge of the IT integration market, as well as testing a set of accessible software tools by integrating them in the BI suite. For more information visit www.prosperity4all.eu.
SpagoBI Labs has always been collaborating with universities and individual students in order to promote open source in society through education and collaboration. SpagoBI team has always been glad to take part in workshops and presentations at universities, and to support training stages and students’ master degree thesis.
Current and historical relationships between SpagoBI Lab and Universities include:
- Italy: University of Padova, University and Polytechnic University of Milano, ALMA Graduate School and University of Bologna, University and Polytechnic University of Torino, University of Trento, University of Venezia, ISUFI High Schhol of the University of Salento
- France: Paris DiderotUniversity (Paris VII)
- Germany: Reutlingen University
- Austria: University Center Rottenmann
- USA: Polytechnic Institute of New York (NYU-Poly)
Various IT analysts regularly mention SpagoBI suite in their researches, interview SpagoBI Labs and open public surveys, in order to continuously monitor and assess the business intelligence and information management market sectors.
Some of the most recent researches are listed below.
They can be publicly available or subject to subscription. In this case, you should contact the specific analyst firm.
Forrester Research, Inc.
- Forrester Research, Inc., Forrester Wave report, Advanced Data Visualization (ADV) Platforms, Q3 2012, July 17th, 2012
- Forrester Research, Inc., Six Steps To Negotiating A Better BI Deal, November 14th, 2011
- Forrester Research, Inc., A Practical How-To Approach To Mobile BI, March 3rd, 2011
- Forrester Research, Inc., The Forrester Wave™: Open Source Business Intelligence (BI), Q3 2010, August 10th, 2010
- Forrester Research, Inc., BI Belt Tightening In A Tough Economic Climate, February 20th, 2009
- Gartner Inc., Market Guide for Enterprise-Reporting-Based Platforms, February 16th, 2016
- Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms, February 23rd, 2015
- Gartner, Inc., Survey Analysis: Customers rate their BI Platform Vendor, October 9th, 2014
- Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms, February 20th, 2014
- Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms, February 5th, 2013
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Gleanster, LLC, Gleansight Learn how Top Performers use Agile Business Intelligence – October 2012
- Gleanster, LLC, Gleansight Business Intelligence – January 2011
- 451 Research LLC, SpagoBI illuminates roadmap in support of Big Data and Self-service requirements – March 14th, 2014